Initially over 150 players across the Ballarat, Wimmera, South West, Warrnambool and our Talent Region Hampden took up the invitation to be a part of our pre season and all worked extremely hard 2-3 nights per week to improve their skills and fitness levels to a level which all could be proud of under the watchful eye of the Rebels Head Coach, David Loader and his experienced coaching and Development staff.
The selection process for Rebels TAC Cup Playing Squad is always a very difficult task and one which all Rebels staff members take very seriously. The hardest job for any coach or administrator is to tell a player that unfortunately they have missed out on making a particular team or squad. This year was even a more difficult task as we had many players similar in ability and size across the region.
Each player is also considered to be one of the best or most promising within their league or club but at this level they need to take the next step with their skills, fitness, commitment and attitude.
Many players find their feet at a higher level and some struggle with the intensity and pace of the game. The players that do settle in and are able step up their intensity are the one’s which excel in the Talented Player Pathway Programs.
This process takes over the entire preseason with all players starting on a level playing field with no players getting easy ride even players that played Rebels in 2014 as a 17yrs old are not an automatic selections.
No doubt that the players hours of hard work will pay off for each of them during the 2014 season whether they are playing TAC Cup football with the Rebels or playing football back at their local club or town.
Congratulations to the following players that have been successful in gaining selection into the initial 2015 Rebels TAC Cup Playing Squad. Like any squad’s, Players that are excelling outside this squad in local league football have the opportunity to be included as well as the players that have already been selected that don’t meet expectations may be released back to local football.
1. Connor Byrne 16-Jun-98 St Pats College / Lavington
2. Joel Cowan 29-May-97 Daylesford
3. Darcy Tucker 23-Jan-97 Horsham Saints
4. Jacob Hopper 06-Feb-97 St Pats College / Leeton
5. Jarrod Berry 05-Feb-98 Horsham Saints
6. Shannon Beks 16-Feb-98 South Warrnambool
7. Joseph Symons 22-Oct-96 North Ballarat City
8. Luke McLeod 14-Jun-97 Warrnambool
9. Josh Webster 16-May-96 Kalkee
10. Yestin Eades 10-Feb-98 St Pats College / Swan Districts
11. Ben Simpson 14-Nov-97 East Ballarat
12. Jacob Wheelahan 01-Aug-97 Bacchus Marsh
13. Tom Taurau 13-Jan-97 Ararat
14. Sam White 05-Mar-98 South Mallee Giants
15. Jamaine Jones 29-Sep-98 Heywood
16. Callan Wellings 20-Feb-98 Trentham
17. Willem Drew 01-Oct-98 Koroit
18. Christian Koroneous 29-Oct-97 Cobden
19. Tom Schnerring 22-Aug-96 Warrnambool
20. Todd Lawrence 24-Jun-98 Lake Wendouree
21. Jonathon Neville 01-May-97 Lake Wendouree
22. Tom Templeton 11-Apr-96 Portland
23. Llyod Meek 22-Apr-98 North Ballarat Jnrs
24. Daniel Rioli 16-Apr-97 East Point
25. Jackson Carrick 12-Sep-97 Hepburn
26. Ben Lusby 17-Dec-97 Mount Clear
27. Todd Clode 28-Apr-98 Casterton Sandford
28. Sam McClure 28-May-97 Edenhope / Apsley
29. Ezeikiel Frank 07-Apr-98 East Point
30. Jarrod Korewha 08-May-98 Koroit
31. Rhona Conboy 22-Jun-97 Horsham Demons
32. Jack Hutt 12-Dec-98 Cobden
33. Hasker Dawborn 15-Jan-98 Ballarat
34. Matthew Johnston 21-Sep-96 North Ballarat City
35. Clay Bilney 19-Nov-98 East Point
36. Ben Lakin 19-Feb-97 Horsham Demons
37. Angus Cleary 29-Apr-97 Casterton
38. Jake McQueen 25-Jun-98 Nhill
39. Charlie Lee 02-Oct-97 South Warrnambool
40. Zac Urquart 19-Apr-98 North Warrnambool
41. Liam Howarth 09-May-97 South Warrnambool
42. Tom Williamson 12-Dec-98 Ararat
43. Hugh McCluggage 03-Mar-98 South Warrnambool
44. Billy Lloyd 27-Jul-97 Horsham Demons
45. Nicholas Hausler 10-Apr-97 Koroit
46. Ryan Thompson 01-Dec-98 East Ballarat
47. Kyden Jarvis 15-Apr-98 South Warrnambool
48. Jake Edwards 27-Jun-97 Portland